You need to allocate more memory to Java applets
What went wrong?
If you see this message, you were probably trying to view a large panorama image.
The panorama is displayed in your browser by means of PTViewer, a Java applet run inside your browser.
By default, most browsers allocate only 60 to 90 MB to Java applets,
which is not sufficient for large panorama images. Here is a more detailed
How do I fix it?
You need to increase the amount of memory allocated to Java applets. Here is
how to do it:
- Open the Java Control Panel.
- In Linux, run "ControlPanel" (if not in the search path, try
/usr/lib/java/bin/ControlPanel or a similar location)
- In Windows, click Start -> Control Panels, then double-click the "Java"
- Select the Java tab, then click the View... button in the Java Applet
Runtime Settings. Each JRE listed (there may be several) will have a box
where you can set the runtime parameters. In that box, add the text
"-Xmx400m" (without the quotes) and click "OK". This allows PTViewer to
claim up to 400 MB of RAM.
- Close the Control Panel and restart your browser.
- If you are using the Konqueror web browser, the "-Xmx400m"
Java parameter must be set in the "Configure Konqueror" menu under the
the "Additional Java arguments" field.